
I reckon that Jesus calls us as disciples to go in head first.
Risky.
Vulnerable.
Exciting.
Essential.
Honest.
Growing.
Courageous.
You see, we live in a society of insurances. We need the assurance that all is fine and if it goes wrong it's OK 'because I'm covered by my insurance'. Where have the people willing to risk everything gone?
All or nothing kind of people, where are they?
I read a famous saying by a guy called Oscar Schindler that goes something like "he who saves a single life, saves the world entire. That really is quite thought provoking especial in the context in which it was said.
We many times forget that Jesus was one of us also; human just like you and I. He risked everything for us and if we call ourselves his followers we must be risking everything for 'them' too.
I reckon this is biblical, don't you?
What are you waiting for?
Risk it! whatever it is.
You're insured and assured. Seriously, you are!
No comments:
Post a Comment