
This might sound really strange for some, completely unknown to others but perhaps a few of you will be able to relate to what happened to me. A couple of nights ago I was waked in the face, and I mean literally waked in the face, by the Love of God, which woke me up to a whole lot things that had became numb to.
I'd just had a very vibrant and ignitive day, full of things that would make anyone feel good about themselves. I went on a away day with my work colleagues where we had a really good time together encouraging each other and all that stuff. I Got home cooked myself a nice meal and watched Reign Over Me, which is a very moving film that I would recommend to anyone.
A pretty normal-good-working-day sort of thing.
Now here comes the surprise. During the past few weeks or so I had been struggling with the fact that I now live on my own. Loneliness that is it! I had the night before written on my diary that I would look for God and for his voice in the silent space. So I lit a candle and was just quiet and still for 30 or so just thinking of his ever lasting presence. Suddenly like it hasn't ever happen to me God touch my heart with his ever mighty love. No joke, I cried from about 10pm till past 1am. I wasn't sad or upset or any thing like that. It was kind of painful kind of joyful kind of unbelievably real kind of completly beyond my understanding. . .
God changed my heart once again.
I was in awe of God's love for me.
I still am in awe of His love.
Are you?
1 comment:
Amen brother. Keep exposing your heart to God like that and he will keep responding cos you're his son and he loves you with an everlasting passion.
Enjoy your time with Pete... will be thinking of you.
M
Post a Comment